Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Uh, that's not food...

So, have you ever had one of those awkward moments with your children involving a potentially embarrassing item?  Well, I did last night...



Like many women, I happen to carry a couple of emergency feminine products in my purse/bag.  Well, Karolena got into said bag and found a tampon.  I took it away from her and scolded her for getting into my things.  Well, Karolena is nothing if not tenacious, and she got yet another tampon from my bag.  By this point I am a bit agitated...  I took the second one away from her and told her, yet again, to stay out of my things.  She proceeded to get angry with me for taking the tampons away from her - I told her that they were not for her, that they were for Mommy.  She then looked me straight in the eye and said, "I want a bite!"  I burst out laughing at the realization that my little peanut thought that the tampons were some sort of candy or food!  It took QUITE a bit of convincing, but I think she finally got it that A) the tampons were NOT candy, B) they would NOT taste good should she try taking a bite, and C) they were for Mommy only.  Thankfully, by the end of our tampon conversation dinner was ready...Sloppy Joe's.  Ha, ha...



On another note, I came to the realization last night that I really need to start planning the girls' birthday parties - their birthdays are only a few weeks away... *SIGH*



No comments:

Post a Comment