Saturday, January 8, 2011

What has hapened to me?!

So, it occurred to me the other day, as I was folding laundry, that I have changed.  Gone are the days of being considered "cool."  Gone are the days of hanging out with friends or going on road trips at a moments notice.  But perhaps the most sad of all - gone are the days of matching bras and panties from Victoria's Secret... 

I have never really cared whether or not people thought I was cool, so I guess there is no love lost there.  While I do kind of miss the spontaneous road trips and impromptu parties, I more enjoy spending time with my girls and having unplanned trips to the park. I am however, in mourning for the fancy-schmancy undergarments of those bygone days...  Sadly, I have become content to wear the cotton Fruit of the Loom "granny panties" that before were only worn on laundry days or occasionally during "that time of the month."  I think that if I were to bust out with any sexy, sassy lingerie I'd probably feel as out of place as socialite in the slums...  Oh well, no matter - I am truly blessed and happy, despite my lack of coolness and new found penchant for...granny panties.  :-)

So, today is Friday - GIRL'S NIGHT!!!  Yeah!  I am really looking forward to game night tonight.  I don't remember having ever played Rummicube though, so it should be interesting...  You know, I just realized something - maybe this girl's game night is the first step to me geeting my "groove" back, my "mojo", my "cool."  Perhaps with these monthy nights of freedom I just may find that I am not content to just wear granny panties after all - bring on the Victoria's Secret!  LOL

Well, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment